Delhi Technological University Lateral Entry Engineering Test (DTU LEET) 2022 is a state-level entrance examination for diploma degree holders seeking admission for the B.Tech programmes (Lateral Entry) under the Delhi Technological University (DTU). DTU LEET is conducted annually by DTU. Candidates holding a diploma degree can apply for the exam and if selected, candidates can join the B.Tech program from the third semester. DTU offers admission in various BTech programmes and can be applied for, provided the candidates have required educational qualifications in the relevant field. The article contains in-depth information about the important dates, eligibility criteria, admission process, application fee, exam pattern, etc. about DTU LEET 2022.
Courses offered in DTU
- Polymer Science and Chemical Technology
- Mathematics and Computing
- Engineering Physics
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Automotive Engineering
Important dates to remember
The initial notifications for the exam are set to arrive by May 2022, with the application process beginning shortly after. The admit card will be released some days before the exam, and the exam is to be completed by June 2022. The release of the merit list and the subsequent counselling processes conducted in various rounds are set to be completed by July 2022
|Notification release||May 2022|
|Application form arrives||May 2022|
|Last day for submission||May 2022|
|Last date for fee submission||May 2022|
|Admit card release||June 2022|
|DTU LEET Exam||June 2022|
|Release of the merit list||June 2022|
|First-round counselling||July 2022|
|Second round counselling||July 2022|
|Vacant seats filling||July 2022|
Eligibility criteria for DTU LEET 2022
The eligibility criteria for appearing for DTU LEET 2022 are prescribed by DTU. The eligibility criteria include:
- Candidates should complete a diploma course lasting three years in the relevant field from any recognised institution/university. Moreover, the candidates should complete the diploma course with at least 60% marks in aggregate or in CGPA. There is a 5-10% relaxation in the minimum marks required for candidates belonging to the reserved categories such as SC/ST.
- Candidates currently in their final year of diploma course can also apply for the exam. But their admission is provisional, and will only be accepted if the course completion certificate is submitted at the time of admission.
- The candidate must be at least 18 years to be able to apply for the exam. The upper age limit is 26 years.
- Candidates who have completed their diploma in Delhi can apply under the Delhi region only, whereas candidates who have completed their diploma outside Delhi falls under the Outside Delhi region.
The application form for DTU LEET 2022 is to be released by May of 2022. Candidates can visit the official website of the university to check for regular updates and notifications regarding the exam and the procedures. Candidates are required to fill in the application form with all the required details such as personal, communication and educational information and have to upload and submit the scanned digital copies of the required documents to the portal.
How to apply for DTU 2022
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the university, http://exam.dtu.ac.in/.
- The official application form of DTU LEET 2022 will be available once the registration starts on their official website.
- Enter all the required information asked in the form.
- The candidate will have to scan and upload a passport size photograph and his/her signature within the specified dimensions and file size.
- After, completion of the application form, candidates can move on to the payment process.
The payment process can be done via online mode such as net banking, debit/credit cards, etc. The applicants will have to pay an application fee of Rs. 1500/- for completing the application process.
The entrance exam for DTU LET admissions are conducted both online and offline and can be selected according to the preference of the candidate. The offline mode will be pen and paper-based while the online mode is a computer-based test. The total duration of the DLU LEET 2022 exam is 2 hours. There is no extra time allotted for any reason whatsoever. 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 marks will be deducted from the total marks for each incorrect answer.
Syllabus for DTU LEET 2022
The detailed breakdown of the syllabus of the DLU LEET 2022 is given below:
- Units and Measurement
- Law of Motion
- Energy and Power
- The motion of the System of Particles
- Properties of bulk matters
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current and Electricity
- Nuclear physics
- Basic concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of elements
- chemical bonding and molecular structure
- States of matter
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox Reaction
- Solid State
- Chemical kinetics
- Organic compound and structures
- Number theory
- Sets and Functions
- Basic of algebra
- Matrices and determinants
- Coordinate geometry arithmetic
- Mathematical reasoning
- Statistics and probability
- limits, derivatives
The admit card for DTU LEET 2022 is to be released days before the exam. Once the admit card is released, it will be available on the official website of the university. The admit card contains specific details such as the centre details and the applicant’s name, exam date and time, etc. All candidates are required to bring the admit card at the time of the examination.
- Visit the official website.
- Login with your id and password
- Once live, the admit card will be available for download and printing.
- Take a printout and keep it safe for further use
The result is published in the form of a merit list of the candidates based on the candidates’ performance in the DTU LEET 2022 exam. The shortlisted candidates are eligible for the counselling process. The candidates have to reach the counselling centre at the given time and date. Failure to attend the counselling round will render the seat cancelled and will be allotted to other applicants in the subsequent counselling rounds.