IMU CET or Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test is a national level entrance examination that offers candidates admission into various UG and PG courses. Candidates who want to take admission into the university must go through entrance examination. The university has different branch in India- Cochin, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Vishakhapatnam. In this article, we will provide you details about IMU CET 2022 Application form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus.
IMU CET 2022 Important Exam Dates
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Application form release date announced||1st week of April 2022|
|Closing date of Application form||3rd week of May|
|Releases date of Admit card||4th week of May|
|IMU CET 2022 Exam||June|
|Result date announcement||June|
|Counselling process for UG & PG (except BBA)||June|
|selected candidates Second list release||2nd week of July|
|Selected candidates Third list release||2nd week of July|
IMU CET Courses Offered
Under Graduate Course
The UG courses provided through CET by IMU are as follows:
- Diploma in Nautical Science
- B.Sc. in Maritime Science/ Nautical Science/ Ship Building and Repair
- B.Tech in Naval Architecture / Marine Engineering/ Ocean Engineering
Post Graduate Course
The PG courses provided through CET by IMU are as follows:
- M.Tech in Marine engineering & management, Dredging &Harbor Engineering
- MBA in International transportation & logistics management and Port & Shipping management
IMU CET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for IMU CET 2022 is as follows-
B.Sc in Nautical Science & B.Tech in Marine Engineering
- Candidates must have qualified class 12th from any recognized board with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidate’s age must be within 17 to 25 years
- SC or ST applicants will get 5% relaxation both in marks and age.
B.Sc in Ship Building and Repair
- For B.SC in Ship Building and Repair candidates must have qualified 12th class from any recognized board with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with a minimum of 50% marks in English
- Candidate’s age must be within 17 to 25 years.
- For M.Tech, candidates must have qualified B.Tech/B.E from recognized board with 60 % marks in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture
- For MBA Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university with a minimum score of 50% in aggregate and 50% for English separately
IMU CET 2022 Application Form
The application form of IMU CET 2022 can be filled online. You can follow these steps to fill the application form-
- Visit the official website of IMU CET by following this link- https://www.imu.edu.in/
- Choose what type of test you want to give based on what diploma you are pursuing
- Navigate to the admission section of the website and click on the Apply button
- Once the application form is opened, you have filled the application form with correct details like name, address, etc.
- After filling the form, click Next and upload the scanned copy of the required documents and click Next
- Submit the application processing fee using Debit/ Credit Card, UPI etc.
- Take a print out of the application form and the payment status for future use
Documents required for IMU CET 2022 Application Form
The following are the documents that are necessary for filling the application form-
- Latest Scanned photo passport size
- 10 and 12 certificates scanned
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Aadhaar card number and a scanned copy
IMU CET 2022 Application Fee
The following are the application fees of the IMU CET are as follows-
IMU CET Examination Center
The following are the examination center for IMU CET-
IMU CET 2022 Syllabus
following are the syllabus of IMU CET 2022-
Undergraduate Syllabus of IMU Entrance Test
|General Knowledge||Basic GK, Current affairs|
|English||Parts of speech, Synonyms and Antonyms, Tenses, Idioms, and Phrases, Comprehension passages|
|General Aptitude and Reasoning||Algebra, Numerical computation, Abstract reasoning, Critical reasoning, Time and Distance, Ratio, Mixture and allegation, Heights and distance, Word groups, Pipes and cistern, Clocks and calendar, Boats and Streams, Structural analysis, Data interpretation, Odd man out, Analytical reasoning,|
|Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics||Questions from 12th standard|
Syllabus of IMU MBA CET and M.Sc
- Verbal ability and
- Data interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative ability
Indian Marine Institute CET M.Tech Syllabus
- Logical reasoning
- Questions will be asked from the respective streams for which they have applied such as Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Naval Architecture.
The admit card is an important document that is necessary for you to enter the examination hall without this. The release date of the admit card is revealed 2-3 week before the date of examination. It is mandatory for the candidates to follow all the rules mentioned in the admit card to be eligible for the exam, failing this could result in cancellation of the exam.
IMU CET 2022 Exam Result
The exam result of the IMU CET 2022 is not yet released. You can visit the website regularly to find the examination result. We will update the examination result once it is released by IMU CET.
Counselling session is a session where the candidates who have passed the entrance examination seek admission in the eligible college campus. Counselling session is organised by the colleges to invite the candidates for taking admission in their respective colleges. In this event, you have to visit the venue on the notified date with the necessary documents and confirm your seat. You have to select the college that you want to choose as well however the availability of the college also depends on the merit list prepared by the university.
Documents Required for Counsellingave to carry when visiting the counselling session-
- Class 10 /high school or its equivalent examination certificate
- Class 12 marks sheet/ grade sheet or equivalent qualifying
- 10 recent color photographs
- Migration/ transfer/ character certificate from the last attended institution
- SC/ST/OBC Category certificates (if any)
- Admission fee payment at the cash counter of the admission venue either in cash or through bank demand draft (DD) from a nationalized bank