Karnataka University B.Ed CET is a state-level entrance exam held each year to select candidates who want to take on teaching as their career. Candidates who want to become a teacher must give an entrance exam. After passing the entrance exam, the candidates could choose a college based on their marks and will for pursuing a 2-year B.Ed course. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about Karnataka B.Ed CET like Application Form, Eligibility, Admit Card, etc.
Karnataka B.Ed Important Dates
|Online Registration Date starts From:||November|
|Registration Last Date||February|
|Karnataka B.Ed 2022 Answer Key||February|
|Result Date Declaration||February|
|Admission||February (Last date)|
Karnataka B.Ed Application Form
The application of the Karnataka B.Ed CET is available online and the candidate must register themselves to participate in the CET. You can follow these steps to register yourself online-
- Visit the official website of Karnataka University by following this link- https://www.schooleducation.kar.nic.in
- Navigate to the B.Ed course and locate the apply button
- Before filling the form, you have to register yourself on the website.
- Click on the registration button and fill with the details needed
- A confirmation link will be emailed to you, open it. Now you have successfully registered yourself. Log in to the website
- Now click on the apply button, you will be redirected to the application form.
- Fill the form with your details and click on next
- Now upload the necessary documents like passport size photograph, Digital fingerprint, etc. and click on the Next button
- Now you have to make the payment for the application. You can pay online using a Credit card, Debit card, or Net Banking
- Once the payment is done, you can download the application form and payment receipt for future use.
- Your registration for the Karnataka B.Ed CET entrance exam is done.
Documents Required for Karnataka B.Ed Admission
- Latest Scanned photo passport size
- 10 and 12 certificates scanned
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Aadhaar card number and a scanned copy
Application Fee for Karnataka B.Ed 2022
The application fee for Karnataka B.Ed CET varies depending on the category you belong to. The following are the application fee for Karnataka B.Ed CET-
Top Colleges for Karnataka B.Ed Course
The following are the top colleges that you can choose from for pursuing your 2-year B.Ed course-
|Name of the College||Location||Fees (INR)|
|Acharya Institutes, Bangalore||Bangalore||60K|
|Amitha B.Ed. Teachers Training College ( ABTTC), Bangalore||Bangalore||1.02L|
|Vivekananda B.Ed College ( VBC), Puttur||Puttur||3.86|
|Goutham College ( GC), Bangalore||Bangalore||60K|
|Bangalore City College ( BCC), Bangalore||Bangalore||55K|
|Vijaya Teachers College ( VTC), Bangalore||Bangalore||65K|
Karnataka B.Ed 2022 Reservation
Karnataka B.Ed Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria for Karnataka B.Ed CET-
- Candidates must pass 10 standard or any ITI course from a recognized university with qualifying marks
- Candidate must have scored at least 50% in B.Sc/ B.A. / B. Com. / B.Th. or a PG in Social Science / Science / Humanities
Syllabus for Karnataka B.Ed
The syllabus for the Karnataka B.Ed CET is as follows-
- General English
- Numerical Ability
- General Knowledge
- Computer Awareness
- Teaching aptitude and attitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Corrections
- Spelling Error
- One Word Substitution
- Numerical problems
- Market price, Cash price & Expenditure problems.
- Time & Work, Speed & Distance problems
- Fraction, Ratios, Average & Volume
- Factoring (LCM, HCF)
- Mensuration formulas Simple interest & Compound interest
- Question-related to the social issue
- General Science
- Current Affairs,
- Other Miscellaneous Question
- Basics of Hardware and Software
- Windows Operating System Basics
- Internet Terms and Services
- Basic Functionalities of MS-Office (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
- History of Computers
- Networking and Communication
- Basics of Hacking, Security Tools, and Viruses.
Teaching Aptitude & Attitude
- Nature, objectives, characteristics, and basic requirements for teaching
- Factors that affect teaching
- Methods of teaching
- Characteristics of learners
- Evolution of teaching systems
- Teaching aids
Karnataka B.Ed Examination Pattern
There are five sections of the paper each section holds 30 MCQs, each question contains one mark making it a total of 150 marks of examination. Candidates will be provided with 2 hours to complete their examination. The following are the detailed exam pattern for Karnataka B.Ed CET-
|General English||30 MCQ|
|Numerical Ability||30 MCQ|
|General Knowledge||30 MCQ|
|Computer Awareness||30 MCQ|
|Teaching aptitude and attitude||30 MCQ|
Karnataka B.Ed Admit Card
The Admit card for Karnataka B.Ed Entrance Test can be downloaded online. Usually, it is available to download 2-3 weeks before the examination. The AMU B.Ed entrance exams admit card 2022 can be downloaded on May 2022. The candidate must appear for the examination with this admit card, failing so would make him illegible for examination. The candidate is also needed to follow the instruction written on the admit card.
Karnataka B.Ed Result
The entrance exam test result will be released in February 2022. The candidate can visit the official website of Karnataka University B.Ed and check his/her exam result. The final result will be declared along with the answer key.
The Counselling section is conducted by AMU to finalize the candidate selection in their University for the enrolment of the B.Ed course. The eligible candidate for the counselling session will be notified from the official website and would have to visit the counselling premises along with dome required documents. You also have to pay the fee during the counselling session.
Document required at counselling
The following are the document that you have to carry when visiting the counselling session-
- Class 10 /high school or its equivalent examination certificate
- Class 12 marks sheet/ grade sheet or equivalent qualifying
- 10 recent color photographs
- Migration/ transfer/ character certificate from the last attended institution
- SC/ST/OBC Category certificates (if any)
- Admission fee payment at the cash counter of the admission venue either in cash or through bank demand draft (DD)
Cut-Off marks are those marks that a candidate must score to pass the examination. It is decided by Karnataka University which is based on a variety of different criteria, therefore, keeps on changing year to year.
The answer key is released by the Karnataka University for the candidates to analyze the performance before the result declaration. After the release of the Answer key, the candidate can challenge the answer key by reporting it before the last date.