TANCET or Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test offers candidates admission into MBA, MCA, and M. Arch/ ME/ M. Tech/ M. Plan courses. It is commenced by the examination cell of Anna University. In this article, we will discuss TANCET entrance exam details like Application Form, Exam Date, Syllabus, Eligibility, Pattern, etc.
TANCET Important Dates
|Application form available||January 2022|
|End to submit the application form||February 2022|
|Admit Card Issue date||February 2022|
|TANCET Exam Date 2022||February 2022 (MCA & MBA) &|
March 2022 (M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan)
|Result Date||March 2022|
|Mark Sheet Download||March 2022|
|Counseling registration begins||August 2022|
|Last date to apply for counseling form||September 2022|
TANCET Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria for TANCET-
For M.Tech/ ME/ M.Arch/ M.Plan
- Candidate must pass a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST categories)
- Candidate is required to have a GATE Score Card
- Candidate must pass Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years with mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level with a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates)
For MCA (Lateral Entry)
- Candidates are required to pass a Bachelor’s degree in B.Sc (Computer Science/Information Technology), BCA with Mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level with a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST)
- Candidates are required to pass Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates)
TANCET 2022 Application Form
You can follow these steps to fill the application form online-
- Visit the official website of TANCET and click on the apply button- www.annauniv.edu
- The application form will be opened, fill the form with accurate information and click on the Next button
- After that, you have to upload the digital photograph, signature, and other documents
- Now Click on the submit button, a new screen with all the information filled will appear, review the application and check for all the details again
- Now pay the fee online using Net banking, credit card, or debit card
- Your application is filled, take a printout of the application and payment receipt for future use
Documents required for TANCET 2022 Application Form
The following are the documents that are necessary for filling the TANCET application form-
- Latest Scanned photo passport size
- 10 and 12 certificates scanned
- Graduate Degree/ Marks Sheet For Master’s courses
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Aadhaar card number and a scanned copy
TANCET Application Fee
The application fee depends on the criteria that the candidate belongs to. The following are the fee that is associated with the respective categories-
TANCET Examination Pattern
For MBA/MCA Programmes
|Course||No. of Questions||No. of Alternative Answers||Maximum Marks|
|Course||No. of Questions||No. of Alternative Answers||Maximum Marks|
Engineering Mathematics (Common to all Candidates) Syllabus
- Determinants and Matrices: Solving system of equations – Rank of the Matrix – Eigenvalues and eigenvectors – Reduction of quadratic form to canonical form.
- Calculus and Differential Equations: Partial derivatives – Jacobians – Taylor’s expansion – Maxima and Minima. Linear ordinary differential equations with constant coefficients – Simultaneous first order linear equations with constant coefficients. Formation of partial differential equation (PDE) – Solution of first order PDE – Solution of linear higher order PDE with constant coefficients.
- Vector Calculus: Double and triple integrations and their applications – Gradient, Divergence, Curl and Laplacian – Green’s, Gauss divergence and Stroke’s theorem.
- Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration: Analytic functions – Conformal Mapping – Bilinear transformation – Cauchy’s integral theorem and integral formula – Taylor and Laurent Series – Singularities – Residues – Residue theorem and its applications.
- Transforms: Laplace Transform – Inverse transforms – Application to solution of linear ordinary differential equations with constant coefficients. Fourier integral theorem – Fourier transform pair – Sine and Cosine transforms. – transform – Inverse Z–transform – Solution of difference equations using Z– transform.
- Numerical Methods: Solution of linear system by direct and iterative methods – Interpolation and approximation – Numerical Differentiation and Integration – Solving Ordinary Differential Equations.
- Applied Probability: Probability and Random variables – Standard Discrete and Continuous distribution – Moments – Moment generating function and their properties. Two Dimensional Random Variables – Covariance – Correlation and Regression
Basic Engineering & Sciences (Common to all Candidates) Syllabus
- Applied Mechanics: Law of Mechanics – Lame’s theorem – Forces, Moments and Couples – Displacement, velocity and Acceleration – Friction – Moment of Inertia.
- Mechanical Engineering: Laws of thermodynamics – Open and closed systems – Equation of state – Heat and Work.
- Physics: Sound – Latices – Ultrasonic flaw detector – X-ray radiography – Interference Fringes – Planck’s quantum theory – Laser and Fibre Optics.
- Material Science: Fracture – Magnetic and Dielectric materials – Conductor and Semi conductor materials – Ceramic and Super conductor materials.
- Civil Engineering: Fluid Statics and Dynamics – Boundary Layer – Pumps and Turbines – Environmental Pollution.
- Electrical Engineering: Ohm’s law – Kirchoff’s law – A.C. circuits – D.C. machines – Transformers – Synchronous machines – Instrumentation.-
- Computers: Computer organization – Architecture – Arrays – Pointers – User defined function – C program.
- Chemistry: Adsorption – Chromatography – Chemical kinetics – Electrochemistry – Spectroscopy – Fuels and Combustion.
- Structural Engineering, Structural Analysis, Building Materials, Concrete Structures, Steel Structures, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Transportation Engineering: Highway Planning, Water Resources Engineering, Hydrology and Ground Water, Environmental Engineering, Noise pollution and Control, Surveying
Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology
- Applied Probability and Operations Research, Discrete Mathematical Structures, Compiler Design, Operating Systems and System Software, Distributed Systems, Programming And Data Structures, Algorithm Analysis and Design Techniques, Microprocessors and Microcontrollers, Digital Signal Processing, Computer Networks, Database Management Systems, Software Engineering Methodologies, Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Computing, Security In Computing
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Circuits and Fields, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Control Systems, Power Electronics and Drives, Microprocessor and Microcontrollers, Digital Signal Processing, High Voltage Engineering, Electric energy-Conservation and utilization
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Circuit Analysis, Electronic Devices, Electronic Circuits, Electromagnetic Fields, Communication Theory and Systems, Optical Communication, Signals and System
- Mechanics, Kinetics and Dynamics, Strength of Materials and Design, CAD / CAM / CIM / FEA, Materials Science and Metallurgy, Production Technology, Metrology and Measurements, Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Fluid Mechanics.
The question paper will have sections to-
- Evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.
- Evaluate the skill of the candidate in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.
- Evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems at graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level.
- Test on determining data sufficiency for answering certain questions using the given data and the knowledge of mathematics and use of day-to-day facts.
- Test the knowledge on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like.
The question paper will have the following sections-
- Number Systems
- LCM and HCF
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Mixtures and Alligation
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Progressions (Sequences and Series)
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Functions and Graphs
- Permutation and Combination
- Set Theory
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Blood relations questions
- Simple and coded inequalities
- Ranking and time sequence
- Jumbled relation
- Seating arrangement questions
- Complex arrangement
- Problems on ages
- Alphanumeric series
- Reasoning Analogies
- Artificial Language
- Blood Relations
- Cause and Effect
- Critical path
- Cubes and cuboids
- Data Sufficiency
- Decision Making
- Deductive Reasoning/Statement Analysis
- Embedded Images
- Figure Matrix
- Mirror and Water Images
- Odd One Out
- Picture Series and Sequences
- Paper Folding
- Pattern Series and Sequences
- Order & Ranking
- Seating Arrangements
- Shape Construction
- Statement and Assumptions
- Statement and Conclusions
- History of Computers
- Introduction of Computer
- Basics of Hardware and Software
- Input /Output Devices
- Number System
- Operating System Basics
- Basic Internet Knowledge and Protocol
- Basic Functionalities of MS-Office
- Networking and Communication
- Database Basics
- Memory and Storage Device
- Computer Shortcuts Key
- Computer Abbreviation
TANCET Admit Card
The admit card for TANCET entrance examination is released once the exam date is closing usually, 2-3 weeks before the examination. You can download the admit card from the official website. It is important for the candidates participating in the TANCET to follow the guidelines mentioned on the Admit card.
The Exam result will be released within a month or two after the examination is conducted. Along with the result, a cut-off will also be released which is the minimum marks required for the candidates to pass the examination for admission. You can check the TANCET Result from the official website of TANCET.
The cut-off mark is the minimum mark required for the candidates to pass the exam. The cut-off marks vary year to year and depend on multiple factors like the number of students participating, the toughness of the exam, and much more.
Counselling is a process where the candidates who have passed the Entrance examination finalize their admission to the course. In this event, you have to visit the venue on the notified date with the necessary documents and confirm your seat. You have to select the college that you want to choose as well. Make sure you have at least 2 Xerox copies of the documents mentioned below-
Documents Required for Counselling
The following are the document that you have to carry when visiting the counselling session-
- Class 10 /high school or its equivalent examination certificate
- Class 12 marks sheet/ grade sheet or equivalent qualifying
- 10 recent color photographs
- Migration/ transfer/ character certificate from the last attended institution
- SC/ST/OBC Category certificates (if any)
- Graduation Degree/ Marks Sheet for Masters Admission